Mark S. Hickman, MD, FACS
Vasectomy Reversal - PRE OPERATIVE INSTRUCTIONS
- DO , if possible, bring your spouse.
- DO on the day of surgery, limit your liquid intake.
- DO bring some snug fitting underwear.
- DO shower on the day of surgery. Special soaps or disinfectants are not needed.
- DO on the day of surgery, shave the entire scrotum and upward two inches past the base of the penis towards the belly button.
- DO on the day of surgery, take any heart, blood pressure, diabetic or other regular medicines (except blood thinners) with a sip of water.
- DO call or e-mail to answer any questions or clear up any confusion concerning these instructions.
- DON’T take any blood thinners prior to surgery. Drugs such as Advil, ibuprofen, Aleve, naproxen, Nuprin and aspirin should not be taken for a week prior to your surgery.
- DON'T eat a heavy or large meal just before your surgery.
Microsurgical Vasectomy Reversals